The 2019 Chinese Medicinal Chemistry Symposium (CMCS2019), hosted by Chinese Pharmaceutical Association (CPA) and organized by State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy and West China School of Pharmacy of Sichuan University will be taking place in Chengdu, Sichuan, China from August 15th to 18th, 2019. According to the cooperation framework agreement signed by CPA and the European Federation for Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC), the CPA-EFMC International Symposium on Medicinal Chemistry (CPA-EFMC ISMC) will be held concurrently.
The theme of CMCS2019 is “New targets, new technologies and new molecules − boosting the discovery and translation of original new drugs”, and that of CPA-EFMC ISMC is “Exploring new pathways to tackle immune-oncology”. This conference will have keynote, invited, oral and poster sessions along with informal discussions, providing an excellent platform for communications between researchers in the relevant fields, promoting the exchange and collaborations, and boosting the development and application of medicinal chemistry.
We sincerely invite our fellow scholars and colleagues in medicinal chemistry and other drug discovery related disciplines from both academia and industry to join us on this great event to promote the interdisciplinary collaborations in innovative drug discovery. The organization work of the conference is in its scheduled progress. Here, we are delighted to make the second round announcement of the conference:
I. Conference Topics
The conference has 12 topics in forms of satellite meetings:
1) Youth scholars forum
2) Artificial intelligence and computer-aided drug design
3) Frontiers in medicinal chemistry and recent hot topics
4) Frontiers in targeted drug research
5) New methods and new processes in drug synthesis
6) Chemical biology and related topics
7) Frontiers in natural (and Chinese traditional) medicinal chemistry
8) Frontiers in pharmaceutical material chemistry
9) Frontiers in immunotherapy and biotherapy
10) Frontiers in nucleic acid drug research
11) Special forum for the pilot programs of the national innovative drug translation program
12) Industrial forum: The R&D of innovative drugs promotes the transformation and development of pharmaceutical industry
II. Conference Organization
Chairman of the conference: Kaixian CHEN
Chairman of the academic committee: Lihe ZHANG
Members of the academic committee (in alphabetic order of the last name):
Xu BO, Junbiao CHANG, Fener CHEN, Jiwang CHEN, Kaixian CHEN, Yue CHEN, Maosheng CHENG, Weimin DAI, Ke DING, Lieming DING, Sheng DING, Hao FANG, Jihua GU, Zongru GUO, Wenhao HU, Zhishu HUANG, Hualiang JIANG, Luhua LAI, Jian LI, Honglin LI, Jianqi LI, Jian LI, Song LI, Yingxia LI, Zhongjun LI, Zhuorong LI, Houwen LIN, Gang LIU, Hongmin LIU, Keliang LIU, Xinyong LIU, Hong LIU, Xianping LU, Cheng LUO, Fajun NAN, Huri PIAO, Yong QIN, Liming SHAO, Jingkang SHEN, Chunquan SHENG, Yigong SHI, Weiguo SU, Hongbin SUN, Yun TANG, Binhe WANG, Fengpeng WANG, Renxiao WANG, Rui WANG, Shaomeng WANG, Yitao WANG, Yuquan WEI, Yong WU, Yusheng WU, Boling XU, Yaochang XU, Yungen XU, Caiguang YANG, Shengyong YANG, Xinshan YE, Dali YIN, Hang YIN, Qidong YOU, Guangli YU, Yongping YU, Chengqi ZENG, Ao ZHANG, Hancheng ZHANG, Lihe ZHANG, Lianshan ZHANG, Liangren ZHANG, Mingqiang ZHANG, Xumu ZHANG, Linxiang ZHAO, Hu ZHENG, Demin ZHOU, Haibing ZHOU, Huchen ZHOU, Weiliang ZHU, Yizhun ZHU
The organizing committee:
Chairman of the organizing committee: Jingkang SHEN, Shengyong YANG, Yong QIN
Secretary General of the organizing committee: Linxiang ZHAO, Lijuan CHEN, Luoting YU, Zhenlei SONG
Members of the organizing committee (in alphabetic order of the last name):
Fener CHEN, Yingchun CHEN, Maosheng CHENG, Ke DING, Bowen KE, Jian LI, Guobo LI, Liang OUYANG, Fengpeng WANG, Yong WU, Yongmei XIE, Yungen XU, Tinghong YE, Qidong YOU, Liangren ZHANG, Minqiang ZHANG, Zhiyong ZHANG, Hu ZHENG, Demin ZHOU
III. The Tentative Schedule of the conference
The conference will have keynote, invited, oral and poster sessions along with informal discussions. A special youth scholars forum is dedicated for speakers under 40 years old. The CPA-EFMC ISMC will be held at the same time.
Arrival and registration
Committee meeting of the medicinal chemistry committee of CPA
Opening ceremony and Keynote presentations
Invited and oral presentations, Industrial forum, and Youth scholars forum
Poster session and informal discussions
Invited and oral presentations, Industrial forum, and Youth scholars forum
Keynote presentations, closing ceremony and departure
List of keynote speakers (confirmed):
Sichuan University, Academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Academic Director
University of Michigan, Warner-Lambert/Parke-Davis Professor, Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Medicinal Chemistry
Floyd E. Romesberg
The Scripps Research Institute, Professor
University of Michigan, Charles B. de Nancrede Professor, AACR Cancer Immunology Chairperson
WuXi AppTec, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer
IV. Conference Location
Chengdu Century City International Convention and Exhibition Center, 199 Shijicheng Rd, HiTech Zone, Chengdu, Sichuan, China.
V. Call for Abstracts
Abstracts in 12 listed topics are welcomed. The requirement is as follows:
1) The abstract should be scientific, advanced and innovative. The integrity of the submitted contents should be the sole responsibility of the authors, rather than the conference committee.
2) The submitted abstract can either be in Chinese or English in .doc (or .docx) format. The contents should include the title, authors, institute, contact, abstract, keyword (no more than five) and references, all of which are within one A4 page. Times New Roman is required for all English writings. The chemical structures should be in ChemDraw format. The template for abstract can be downloaded on the conference website.
3) A topic must be selected during the online submission process. Please follow the instruction on the website.
4) The abstract can be submitted on: http://www.cmcs2019.com. Submission in paper will not be considered. The deadline for abstract is June 30th, 2019.
5) The published papers will not be considered.
6) If you are willing to submit abstract, please register and pay on the conference website in your earliest convenience.
7) If you have any further questions or specific inquiries, please email email@example.com.
Online registration (official website or Wechat site) is required for this conference. Please register before July 31st, 2019. Discounted early bird registration fees will be applicable if you register and pay before June 30th, 2019.
Official conference website: http://www.cmcs2019.com
Official conference Wechat site:
1) Registration fees:
Early bird (before June 30th)
Online (before July 31st)
Onsite (on or after August 1st)
Accompany (family members)
2) Registration process:
Please register and login online at http://www.cmcs2019.com, fill in the required field and pay online. An automatic confirmation letter will be sent to your email. Please make sure your personal information is correct, and bring the letter with you to the conference for check-in, conference documents and receipts. If you have made your payment, but did not receive the confirmation letter, please bring your proof of payment when you check-in. (Group registration is available too)
3) Payment method:
The payment can be made online or onsite.
a) Online: To pay online, please login the conference website, follow the instructions of online registration (deadline for online payment is July 31st, 2019). An automatic confirmation letter will be sent to your email once the payment is made.
b) Onsite: For those who did not or cannot make payment online, onsite payment is also available.
The accommodation is not covered by the conference fees. We suggest you plan your accommodation early. Following are some nearby hotels for your consideration: Intercontinental Century City Chengdu, Holiday Inn Century City Chengdu, the Palm Springs Fairmont Chengdu, Ji Hotel (Chengdu New Conference and Exhibition Center), Taste Sweet Four Seasons Hotel (Century City New Convention and Exhibition Center Metro Station) and etc. More details can be found on: http://www.cmcs2019.com/cmcs/?id=7
VII. Conference Contacts
Liang Ouyang (138-8067-4611)
Guobo Li (135-5016-1826)
Jingjing Zhang (136-8807-3850 Coordination)
Xingmu Zhang (135-6846-4558 Abstract submission, Registration and payment, Poster exhibition)
Lanjing Wang (133-0817-5347 Transportation and accommodation)
Lanxing Zhang (158-2801-7192 Enterprise exhibition)
2019CMCS | 2019CPA--EFMC ISMC